09 March 2008

developing our talents

school and work has been hard and stressful, so to relieve some stress, we have decided to do more fun things that take our mind off of the work and just make us more well-rounded.  Jake is teaching himself to play the harmonica. he is also practicing his drawing and trying to expand his artistic skill to painting and photography. and as always he has been practicing his magic and trying to learn new tricks. i've been trying to take pictures more often and trying to get faster instead of taking 5 min to get the light and focus right. hopefully i will be able to learn to edit soon too. i am also learning to knit and am going to continue to sew. my musical pursuit is learning to play the drums. this is something i've always wanted to learn, but never did. my friend jeff started teaching me and hopefully he will continue, but it is kind of hard when you're playing an imaginary drum set. we will post pictures of our projects soon.......maybe.

6 comments:

Cami and Juan said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! Ha ha, I'm glad you started the blog and I'm glad you wrote on my blog that we are further bonded since we watch Rob & Big. Now I will say why I think we're even more bonded - Moldy Peaches. Love the Juno soundtrack.

Cam said...

Nicole Sanchez!! How the heck are you!? =) I'm glad I found your blog. Your robot picture is awesome! =) Sounds like you guys are up to some fun things. I have recently learned to knit too. It's kinda tricky, but it's pretty fun. =) Hope you are having a good week!

Jenna D. said...

POST SOME MORE PLEASE!!!! i'm on the edge of my seat you know.

ximena said...

HEY this is jennariffic on ximena's blog. Add her too!!!

Jenna D. said...

you guys are the most boring people IN THE WORLD.

Cami and Juan said...

The Union Square ward is making a photo book for Bishop Brown who is being released. Send me a picture from a ward gathering or just of you guys and a little message for Bishop Brown so we can include some people who have moved. Thanks! camimacias@gmail.com